June 9 – 10, 2022
The Institute of Information Sciences at the Pedagogical University of Krakow and the Tischner European School in Krakow invite you to the third edition of the scientific conference: Information Architecture as a Scientific Discipline (AIDA) under the leading title Information Architecture from a UX Perspective.
We invite you to Krakow on 9-10 June 2022. The conference will be held in a stationary mode – it is best to meet and discuss in Krakow!
The conference is addressed to representatives of institutes and centres offering courses, specialisations and subjects in the field of information architecture (AI), usability, information graphics and information design considering User Expierience (UX).
We would also like to invite practitioners to participate in the meeting: representatives of companies designing websites and information systems in the UX/HCI sector, employees of interactive agencies, as well as students, including members of scientific associations.
We guarantee two days full of inspiration and multidirectional view on AI and UX, fruitful and valuable networking and visionary speeches by keynote speakers. And all this in Krakow, in the unusual aura of sunny June and a real live meeting.
- The themes of the AIDA 3 conference revolve around the following:
- Research field, theory and methodology of information architecture science
- Information design and UX
- UX Librarianship
- UX in the education of information architects
- Key competences of an information architect
- Research in AI and UX
- Information security vs. information architecture
- Information users’ behaviour
- User research on digital products
- Usability and functionality of information products
- Design and information architecture
- Modern methods in AI didactics
- Scientific and practical activities of students of information architecture
Abby Covert – a prominent information architect who lives and works in Florida. Author of the bestseller “How to Make Sense of Any Mess”, originator of World Information Architecture Day, which has been celebrated annually since 2016, mentor and president of the Information Architecture Institute.
Karol Piekarski – is a Cultural Studies specialist, he founded and for many years ran Medialab Katowice, and currently works as a data scientist and programmer at a startup specializing in deep learning and computer vision analysis.
- dr hab. Renata Frączek (Pedagogical University of Krakow) – Chairwoman
- prof. dr hab. Wiesław Babik (Jagiellonian University)
- prof. dr hab. Ewa Głowacka (Nicolaus Copernicus University of Toruń)
- prof. dr hab. Barbara Sosińska-Kalata (University of Warsaw)
- dr hab. prof. UP Władysław Marek Kolasa (Pedagogical University of Krakow)
- dr hab. prof. Iwona Pietrzkiewicz (Pedagogical University of Krakow)
- dr hab. Jacek Tomaszczyk (University of Silesia)
- dr Stanisław Skórka (Pedagogical University of Krakow)