5-6 June 2018
The AIDA conference is addressed to representatives of institutes and centres offering courses, specialisations, and subjects in the fields of information architecture (AI), usability, information graphics and information design. Employees of companies designing services and information systems, working in the field of UX/HCI, as well as students, including members of scientific circles, are also warmly invited to participate. Information architecture is a new field and profession that deals with the universally understood design of information in a way that makes it easy for the user to understand, and at the same time useful and functional. Adapting the information message to the needs of users in a world of information overload also requires original methods based, among other things, on the concept of User-Centered Design. The cooperation of all interested circles therefore seems essential for the education of information architects to stand out at an important level, which is determined by the innovation of didactic methods, the development of theories and scientific research that form the basis for thinking about the modern and useful shape of information objects filling the infosphere of modern man.
- Problems of designing traditional and digital information environments,
- Information user behavior,
- Usability and functionality of information products,
- Labor market needs and the silhouette of an IA graduate,
- Innovative methods of IA education,
- Directions of development of IA as an academic discipline
- Methodological problems of IA research,
- Organization of content and information retrieval systems
- Information visualization and information graphics.
A “founding father” of information architecture and user experience, a pioneer who is almost impossible not to know. He has been involved in information architecture since 1994 – as CEO of Argus Associates, he built the company into one of the most respected information architecture entities in the world. Since 2001, he has run the consulting agency Semantic Studios. He gained experience working with giants: Google, Microsoft, Procter&Gamble, IBM, Ernst&Young, Cisco and many, many others.
He is the author of bestselling books such as ‘Information Architecture in Web Services’ and ‘Search Patterns. Designing modern search engines. His publications have a reputation as a must-have item in the library of every professional information architect. They have been mentioned by major business media such as Business Week, The Economist, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal.
He has appeared as a speaker at conferences around the world, sharing his knowledge. In addition, he blogs at intertwingled.com, where he shares his life experiences. When he is not engaged in information architecture, he volunteers at an animal shelter.
– associated with information architecture since 1999. Co-founder of the Italian information architecture association Architecta. Editor-in-chief and co-founder of the scientific thematic journal “Journal of Information Architecture”. Co-author of the book ‘Pervasive Information Architecture: Designing Cross-Channel User Experiences’.
In 2008, he created REG-iA, an international initiative for information architecture professionals. At the moment, REG-iA includes professionals from Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Italy and Poland. Its aim is to promote information architecture as a scientific discipline.
He has presented at many international thematic conferences, including MobileTech, ER&L, UX Poland, BITA, ENWI, Interact London, World IA Day, Italian IA Summit and many others. He is currently a senior lecturer at the International Business School in Jönköping (Sweden). After hours he is passionate about Tolkien, video games and the history of WWII submarine warfare.
Director of Education at the Information Architecture Institute. She has over 10 years of professional experience in User Experience projects. She has been involved in all stages of the design process – from strategy and concept through to production and implementation. She has worked at award-winning agencies and leading global brands including Microsoft, Thompson Reuters, ING and Toyota. Krispian Emert is an instructor of information architecture at Vancouver Film School. He gives papers and presentations on UX strategy at workshops, conferences, and universities.
- dr hab. prof. UP Barbara Kamińska-Czubała (Uniwersytet Pedagogiczny w Krakowie) – Przewodnicząca
- prof. dr hab. Wiesław Babik (Uniwersytet Jagielloński)
- prof. dr hab. Ewa Głowacka (Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu)
- prof. dr hab. Barbara Sosińska-Kalata (Uniwersytet Warszawski)
- prof. dr hab. Jadwiga Woźniak-Kasperek (Uniwersytet Warszawski)
- dr hab. prof. UP Hanna Batorowska (Uniwersytet Pedagogiczny w Krakowie)
- dr hab. prof. UP Władysław Marek Kolasa (Uniwersytet Pedagogiczny w Krakowie)
- dr hab. prof. UMCS Zbigniew Osiński (Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej)
- dr hab. prof. UP Michał Rogoż (Uniwersytet Pedagogiczny w Krakowie)
- dr hab. Jacek Tomaszczyk (Uniwersytet Śląski)
- dr Stanisław Skórka (Uniwersytet Pedagogiczny w Krakowie).